Canon 5D Mark III vs. Nikon D810 vs. Sony a6000 vs. Sony a7 ii vs. Nikon D7500

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jackdanielsb New Member • Posts: 1
Canon 5D Mark III vs. Nikon D810 vs. Sony a6000 vs. Sony a7 ii vs. Nikon D7500

Need help finding a camera.  The more I dig into it, the more confused I get.
Reason for buying:

Have 300+ high end clothing items, bags, etc., I need to sell for charity work, so I guess product photography.  I'll be using my own money to purchase and keeping the camera, but mostly buying it based on product photography need (as I might need it again for the same person), and secondary just a general use camera for myself.
Budge (body and lens) : I don't really have a budget.  Obviously don't want to spend more than I have to. I'd like to keep it under $1000.  Don't mind going up to $1500.  And if it'll make a difference, then $2000. 
Odd ball out - Sony a6000.  Obviously the cheapest in the group, saw a eBay listing with great pics and asked the seller what he used and I was surprised when he said a6000.  I looked at youtube videos and it looks dated, the screen looked like my sony cybershot 3.2 megapixel from 2003 lol.

New vs. Old:  Nikon D7500 is the newest one on the list, but less professional than the others besides sony a6000.  Not sure if new necessary means better.  A 4 year old Benz usually has more features then a new Honda, even though they might be the same price.

How I got the list:  lol.  If you haven't figured it out, the big 3 (5d mark iii, d810, a7 ii) are just older versions of the top cameras out (5d mark iv, d850, a7 iii).

If anyone can recommend a camera and lens, I'd appreciate any feedback.

And just FYI I do have a light set up (westcott 3 light d5)

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D7500 Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Sony a6000 Sony a7 Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow