Dumb question time - Batch processing using Capture NXD/View NX-i

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim G
Tim G Regular Member • Posts: 468
Dumb question time - Batch processing using Capture NXD/View NX-i

Well, the only really dumb questions are those that don’t get asked

For my 60th birthday I have a Z6. I have a background using DX series and N1 series cameras (and a Sony RX100). I have toyed with NEF’s at various times but basically used JPEG large fine aiming to get images right in camera.

Each time I’ve upgraded I’ve told myself that I’ll get into using NEF and get the best out of the technology I’ve just purchased.

Often JPEG‘s are fine but occasionally there’s the ones that would have benefited from post work greater than JPEG allows.

If I use CNX-D to batch process NEF to JPEG with “apply adjustments already in files” does that mean that the JPEG’s will be processed using the camera settings contained in the NEF?

Likewise View NX-i batch processing has an option to “remove camera setting information”. If this is not selected does it develop the JPG’s using the camera settings?

I.e. the batch processed JPEG’s in Capture or View will be the same as if they had been processed in camera?

I don’t want to get tied up in a heap of post processing but batch processing and then fiddling with the few that need it in NEF seems straight forward enough.

The other option is obviously shooting in NEF + JPEG large fine but given the file sizes/card capacity I’d like to go NEF only.

Thanks in advance.

Tim G's gear list:Tim G's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow