D300 smeared inside LCD screen

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rambling robin
rambling robin Regular Member • Posts: 241
D300 smeared inside LCD screen

My recent joy at getting hold of a 'mint' D300 with just 2000 clicks has been somewhat dampened by finding the LCD screen glass is fogged. Not so much mist, more as if a damp cloth has been wiped over the inside of the screen.

Now, it doesn't prevent using the screen and is only really noticeable in sunlight. Also, if you hold the camera at an oblique angle to the sun the bottom edge of the screen glass is slightly opaque.

Other than that it is a fine machine and a joy to use.

I have no way of knowing how it got that way in the first place, but I'm guessing damp or humid conditions are involved. The rest of the body is immaculate and it was in original box with all accessories - doesn't seem to have been mistreated.

Obviously I can return it, but part of me says that if it isn't going to get any worse then I could probably live with it.

Just wondering if anyone has had this sort of issue? Did it get worse, grow fungus etc?

rambling robin's gear list:rambling robin's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D90 Samsung GX-20 +1 more
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow