Sharpness

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP kcdogger Senior Member • Posts: 2,393
Re: Sharpness - The Results

Thank you to all who responded to this very unscientific opinion survey about sharpness.  I have unscientifically compiled the results, the "non-mentions." and the votes for overall sharpest m4/3 lenses.

Of the four lenses in the original post -

the Oly 75 was cited  as the sharpest - no surprises there, 4 people did not mention it

the 4/3 Oly 50 macro came in a close second - 7 people did not mention it

the Sigma 60 f2.8 and the Oly 45 f1.8 were essentially tied.  However, the 45 had only 3 non-mentions, and the Sigma 60 had 9 non-mentions.  It seems people are much more familiar with the Oly 45 then they are with the Sigma 60.  The votes for the 45 were spread over the range of 1-4, with concentration in the 2 and 3 position,  The votes for the Sigma were also concentrated in the 2 and 3 positions, but with fewer total votes.

Of those folks voting for the sharpest lens in the system, there was no consensus.  The following were mentioned in no particular order:

Sigma 30 f1.4 - 2X

Sigma 35 f1.4

Sigma 56 f1.4

42.5 Nocticron

Oly? 17 Pro

Oly 300 f4

Oly 45 f1.2

Oly 75 f1.8

Oly 60 macro

So these results are just your opinions and I'm sure ALL of the lenses are very sharp, and I would not feel under-gunned with any of these fine lenses.

Thank you, once again, for participating in this very  unscientific opinion poll.  Now let's go out and shoot some great pictures with theses superbly sharp lenses.

Peace.

John

kcdogger's gear list:kcdogger's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P610 Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic ZS100 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow