Warning - Exploding A7R4 Battery ... Door

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glenn Barber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,018
Warning - Exploding A7R4 Battery ... Door

Just got my A7R4 from B&H and wanted to see whether my RRS base for my A7r3 would mount on it (i knew the grip on the A7R4 was a bit longer).

The RRS base does seem to mount on the bottom and would be useable, I decided to pop off the battery door on the A7R4 to check whether it might fit on the RRS base - it doesn't).

However the mechanism for retracting the pin on the battery door is very different and less substantial than on the A7r3. When attempting to put the door back on the A7R4 the mechanism literally exploded on me. I spent 20 minutes on my hands and knees looking for the bits and only found one.

So now I have to find out from B&H whether I have to ship the whole thing back or they can get me a replacement door.

So fair warning - be careful with trying to remount this door on the camera. I'll need to get some help on how in H you are supposed to do it without the retracting mechanism the R3 had.

Glenn Barber's gear list:Glenn Barber's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a6500 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow