Any ex-nikon/sony user here uses x-t100? How bad is AF?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 14,250
How bad... or how good? :-)

devilz666 wrote:

Hey there,

I am from India and for a long while Fuji cameras were way too overpriced here. But that kinda changed with X-A5 and X-T100 and I have been planning to get X-T100 by month's end.
I've previously used Nikon D5100 and Sony A5000 and I'd like to know how bad is X-T100's AF? Has they made any imporvements to it via firmware?

I'd mostly be using the Kit lens for daylight photography and MF lenses for Night/concert photography. I am just a casual hobbiest who's trying to get back into photography after some 2 years (My Sony mirrorless got stoled a couple of years ago and I just never got a new cam)

I don't personally own an X-T100, but maybe I can offer a little advice about asking questions in this or other DPR forums. Your post is phrased in a way that comes across as assuming that the AF is bad and might have been in need of improvement. If that's the case, I'm curious where that assumption came from. Perhaps simply asking for some feedback from the forum on the accuracy and usability of the AF might get you better advice than what seems to be an assumption that it is problematic. If you're not a native English speaker, then my apologies if my question offends in any way.

Also, I'm assuming by "kit lens" you're referring to the 18-55, which is really an excellent lens... well above the image and build quality that most manufacturers would offer in a kit lens. And finally, I assume your AF question was strictly in reference to that lens, since obviously, any MF lenses will rely completely on your ability to manually focus them accurately. Most Fuji cameras have some nice tools to help acquire accurate focus with MF  lenses and many users who participate in the forum own and regularly use them.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow