Photobombed and then insulted.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Senior Member • Posts: 2,086
Photobombed and then insulted.

I went to an annual event the other day and surprisingly I got insulted. It never happened to me before and all this could be a misunderstanding. Make matters worse this event promote photography and you do see people carrying expensive gear from Leicas to Canon 400mm F2.8 lenses.

So this place has a group of young ladies posing for photographs. In the past neither my friends or I had any problems of them posing for us or them posing with my friends for a group photograph. However, this not to say there haven't been any incident with other people.

So I went to this place on my own to do some photography. Whenever I'm at this place I'm either with friends or family, This year I was able to go at my own pace with no one to slow me down. However, this year there's a woman managing the young ladies which to my knowledge never happened before. When I went to take my shot after quickly guessing the exposure due to the back light of the sun, the woman photobombed my shot by partly entering the shot to pose. I didn't know if the photo was salvageable because I didn't know if she clipped with the young ladies. I didn't see this to be a problem because if she wanted to be photographed she can. So I quickly moved the camera a bit to the right so she was fully in the scene and I pressed the shutter. It only added an extra second and she belittled me for taking a second shot. I was shocked and left upset because I couldn't say anything without the risk of getting thrown out. It wasn't normal behaviour.

I don't know if she a fan of Star Wars 8 or she crave power and abusing her position. The good news, the original photo, see didn't clip any of the young ladies in my shot so she can be cropped out.

I wouldn't call it a minor incident because it did have an affect on my mood for the next few hours and when I saw her again I wanted to keep my distance because I was disgusted by her conduct. It was a shame Oliviero Toscani wasn't there because he would of told her to get out of his shot or complain to her about her conduct after including her in a second shot.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow