E-M10 Mark II, L-bracket/grip experience

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 1,081
E-M10 Mark II, L-bracket/grip experience

Greetings all! I have found even the ECG-3 grip for the E-M10ii a bit uncomfortable to use. I was looking for an L-bracket for the E-M10 II to mount it easily and quickly in landscape/portrait orientation on my tripod. I discovered and ordered a MENGS® E-M10 II L-Shaped Quick Release Plate With 1/4″ Camera Screw For Olympus OM-D / E-M10 II that is Arca-Swiss compatible.

I just put it on my E-M10 II and discovered it is a perfect grip for me/my hands. And it fits perfectly in both portrait/landscape orientation on my tripod. AND it has an opening on the bottom to get to the battery/SD card fairly easily without having to remove the bracket. And it adds just the right amount of heft for me as well - I am use to chunky Nikons and found the E-M10 II a bit too small - this Mengs L-bracket is perfect as a grip and solid as well

Here's a link to the Mengs bracket - I think I ordered it from Hong Kong on ebay and it was a "whopping" $13 including shipping.

https://www.mengsphoto.com/portfolio_page/mengs-em10-ii-l-shaped-quick-release-plate-with-14-camera-screw-for-olympus-om-d-e-m10-ii/

Ken

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow