Sony A7rll video w/LA EA4 adapter, focus motor too noisy for video with sound?

Started Aug 13, 2019 | Discussions thread
OP 2001 Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: Sony A7rll video w/LA EA4 adapter, focus motor too noisy for video with sound?

Thanks I was afraid of that,no point in buying the adapter for manual focus,  glad you told me before I bought it. No reviews either professional or customer mention this which is why I asked here.

Unfortunately an adequate external mic and the cost of the adapter itself will exceed the cost of my entire collection of Maxxum lenses which I originally bought for my  Sony Alpha 350 years ago which is now is an antique. At some point I may buy the adapter as the Minolta lenses are nice but not now for the favor I was asked, which is to film an actor’s reel which I would probably have to buy an external mic for anyway . I openly admit my video skills are primitive.

Thanks again for giving me a straight answer! In these days of hyper promotion ,influencers  and glowing reviews, honesty and accurate , tangible information are becoming scarce

2001's gear list:2001's gear list
Sony a7 II Apple iPhone 7 Apple iPad Pro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow