The Cost of Profoto just can't be justified anymore

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP flbdig Contributing Member • Posts: 584
Re: The Cost of Profoto just can't be justified anymore

I am a full-time working professional photographer and since I purchased my 1st ad200 I have been hooked. They fire constantly, I have Never had an issue with the remotes triggering the flashes. They modify extremely easy and versatile, from Bowens mount to MagMod and MagBox. And they have been reliable, I have not had one unit break or fail yet. KOW! Lol

Plus the weight is a huge deal to me. The 2 pound savings from an ad200 vs a B10 is Huge to me. Plus using the wired adapter where I attach the battery base to the stand and the ad200 head to the other end with a modifier makes carrying the light much easier and more stable since the majority of the weight is on the bottom of the light stand.

One of the cameras I use is a Panasonic S1R and the Biggest complaint when it was announced was the size and weight vs other FF ML cameras. Even though the S1R is only 13 ounces more than a G9 or a Sony a7RlV. So a 2 pound difference should make people passout. Lol.

A 2 light B10 kit cost $3375 for that much any professional or amateur could buy almost 10 of the new AD200 Pros. Ten lights are more reliable than 2.

-- hide signature --

https://www.1cor1313.com/
1Co 13:13 But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is LOVE!!!

flbdig's gear list:flbdig's gear list
Leica Q2 Sony a7 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow