Godox MS300 first impressions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tugwilson Senior Member • Posts: 1,366
Godox MS300 first impressions

Having advised several people to buy this light I thought I should get one and test my opinion agains reality.

It's small, light and comes with two spare fuses and a good length mains cord. It comes with a protective cover but no standard reflector.

Build quality is good considering the price. Body is plastic but not flimsy. The mount looks like the one on the AD600Pro/AD400Pro but is plastic rather than metal. The swivel is not as smooth as the AD600Pro but lots better than the AD600/AD-B2/S-Type bracket.

Controls are simple and intuitive - besides once you have set the channel and group you are mostly going to control it from the trigger. Modelling light has three settings full on, off and proportional.

I fired 50 full power pops in rapid secession and there was no sign of overheating. Recycle time is ~1 second (240v model, slightly longer on the 100v version)

No problem with generic Bowens modifiers but genuine Bowens modifiers won't fit. Loosening the three screws on the front allowed the Bowens modifiers to be mounted. I'll put small washers behind the front bezel which should fix the Bowens problem permanently. I don't know if this was a problem with the copy I have or is a problem with all devices.

So far I'm quite happy with the light. The price difference between this and the MS200 is so small I can't really see any reason to buy an MS200.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow