My Leica chews film! Which firm best for Leica-M CLA?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SonyOB Contributing Member • Posts: 692
My Leica chews film! Which firm best for Leica-M CLA?

Did I not know that a camera that has not been used for decades needs Cleaning Lubrication and Adjustment? Of course I did, that was the very argument I used to get the price down.

Trying to get my new (old) Leica to accept film was not easy.
I immediately came up with theories that the new film material was too thick and the backplate did not close properly. Or that something something something.

Google is my friend. I found a person who had the same problem with a non-CLA'd Leica M6. The shutter was stuck in-between. With a little push, it closed completely, with a silent snap. And the film advance started working.

Now I am in the middle of My Very First Leica roll film.
Only when it comes back developed, will I know whether I can use this camera for taking pictures without/before CLA or not. It is very pretty to look at but that's not what Leicas are for.

"That little Red Dot..."

-- hide signature --

"If your pictures are not good enough, you need to buy some more stuff from Amazon"
(Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon)

SonyOB's gear list:SonyOB's gear list
Sony RX100 V Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow