Thoughts on 1st lens with a G9

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JDC1958 Senior Member • Posts: 1,238
Thoughts on 1st lens with a G9

I am thinking of downsizing from my D500 to a G9. I can put off birding for now until the spring, 100-400, but I want a good all around zoom. The choices are many and there are just as many price choices. I am leaning towards the Panasonic 14 - 140 simply because I think its weight and range make for a good all purpose lens. But would like feedback from those with experience with the system.

One more thing I want to do with this first lens is to be able to shoot video. I have really never used video but since this is a big feature, I do want to learn. So being good with video and parfocal is something I would like.

My range is under 1000.00 for this lens. Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to any advice.

-- hide signature --

Common sense is common knowledge; not everyone's common knowledge is the same. Explanation: A farmer runs circle around the city dweller on his farm. The city dweller likewise runs circles around the farmer in a downtown environment. Neither are idiots, their common knowledge ( sense ) is just different.

JDC1958's gear list:JDC1958's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS80 Samsung NX1 Nikon D500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +2 more
Nikon D500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 II ASPH
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow