First street walk with G9 and LEICA 10-25 f1.7. Part one...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stephent Veteran Member • Posts: 3,930
First street walk with G9 and LEICA 10-25 f1.7. Part one...

Hi everyone some images from my first morning out and about with my new G9 and LEICA 10-25 f1.7.

I could not be happier with the combo, the G9 handled better than I hoped for with all the controls and buttons, I quickly found my way around them. The lens is stellar, I don't regret spending more on the lens than a camera body. Considering it can replace five prime lens its a steal. If you enjoy this lens range its well worth saving up to purchase.

I was a little concerned with the weight of the G9 with grip and lens,

So a l brought one of those Peak Design Slide camera straps and it easily spread the load and made carrying the camera a joy.

Onto some images, I took a walk around inner city Newcastle to get a feel of how this combo will work for me when we travel.  The results easily exceeded my expectations and I still have a way to go in learning the in and outs of the camera and M4/3's.

First up some standard tourist type shots.

Next playing around with the angles on the University of Newcastle building.

Brick wall lens test 

Pot plants,

Old Newcastle council building up close.

Town hall,

Part two to follow.

Stephen.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow