Focus issues XT3 and 55-200

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
koweb Regular Member • Posts: 379
Focus issues XT3 and 55-200

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer some advice. I have an issue with the AF continually hunting when on my XT3. I've narrowed it down that if I use the smallest AF box the lens is almost unusable; it will continue to hunt and almost never lock AF. The next larger box is better, but only when I move up to the 3rd smallest box does the lens seem to work ok. Even then, it seems like it really does not focus any faster on my XT3 then on my XT10; namely fair. (this is using AF-S)

I do not seem to have this with my other lenses. The 16-55 is always fast, and the 35/1.4 and 60/2.4 are noticeably faster on the XT3. (noisy but actually very fast)

Note, I have verified that all firmware is up to date.

Has anyone seen this? Is this normal behaviour with this body and lens combo? I haven't used this lens much with my XT3, but I don't remember it being problematic in the past; just cannot recall anything that's changed. I also do not think it was dropped, but I am wondering if something mechanical is wrong with it....

Thanks in advance for the help!

-- hide signature --

Bradk

koweb's gear list:koweb's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
rlx
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow