Torn Between A7iii and A6500/A6400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AshleyMateoLeeRoy Forum Member • Posts: 68
Torn Between A7iii and A6500/A6400

Please help haha

I would not consider myself a professional...I have done some paid shoots with Nikon D610 (recently sold it) but that is not my main focus for purchasing a new camera and lens. I am wanting to purchase a Sony mirrorless camera to take pictures of my toddler. I currently still have a Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 for Nikon and Nikon 50mm f/1.8 but thinking of selling. I know I can get an adapter for the Sony cameras so I may keep them. The Tamron is heavier than I want in a lens now. I want something light weight.

I want a camera and lens that can take great pictures in somewhat low light indoors while my toddler is moving around. I will take pics outside as well but I am not as concerned with that since there will be plenty of light. I feel torn between the A7iii and the A6500 or even A6400 but would probably lean towards the 6500 over the 6400 as it has in body image stabilization. I have held the a6400 and a7iii in the store. I like how light weight the a6400 (and I assume the a6500 is) but I am concerned I may not be happy with the image quality indoors.

Any insight into this? Which camera and lens would you recommend for a parent? If I go with the full frame camera, I was thinking a 28mm prime lens would be good for indoors and low light. If I go with the a6500/a6400 then I would need to get a 16mm to have the same focal length equivalent as a 28mm on a full frame correct? Any other lenses you recommend for either camera.

I feel stuck in what to do. I just want my camera to take great high quality images of my moving toddler Help

I posted this in two Sony forums so I am sorry if you are reading this twice.

Nikon D610 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow