First day with Leica DG 10-25 f1.7 Vario-Summilux...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stephent Veteran Member • Posts: 3,930
First day with Leica DG 10-25 f1.7 Vario-Summilux...

Hi everyone I like to share my first impressions of the Panasonic LEICA Vario-Summilux 10-25 f1.7 mounted on my G9.

I purchased both of them this week as my first M4/3 cameras, owning Sony in both full frame and APSC mounts how did I end up here?

Well I have been waiting for Sony's latest releases in the 6000 line of cameras for some time now I the hope they would change the body style radically. Sadly they stuck to their guns and whilst the new 6400 and no doubt the 6600 and 6100 give great image quality they still have the same form factor as my old NEX-6.

So I started to look at other options and first tried out the OMD Em1 ii as I have always had a soft spot for Olympus. The camera was nice but did not trigger the purchase response My local camera store had a G9 and as soon as I picked it up I really liked the handling and control layout. The test shots I took looked the best of all the cameras that I tried, including the OMD EM1x.

Then it was a matter of what lens to match the body, I had in mind the Olympus 12-100 f4 as an all in one kit. Test shots were good but I had been shooting a lot in the 35mm to 50mm range in the last few months and 20 mm is a favourite of mine and f4 might be a little slow. And the fact that the in lens stabilisation would not work with the G9s IBS was another factor.

So sight unseen and with very little to find on the net I took a leap of faith and pick the Panasonic LEICA DG Vario-Summilux 10-25 f1.7.

And after my first test the next morning I know I made a great choice.

Aimed for some sun stars first and to test for lens flare.

Very happy with that result.

The close up capabilities of the lens are a bonus too.

So after that quick test I was looking forward to this mornings first outing, which I will post up soon.

Stephen.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow