* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #594 on 2019 09 11 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,264
Re: London Underground

Fox328 wrote:

Sometimes you don't have time enough to view all the pictures you've taken. A "problem" introduced by digital photography when te limitation of taking only 24 pictures was lifted. While testing a new printer yesterday i came across this picture, which somehow was new to me.

Ditto to your problem in keeping up with close examination and evaluation of one's digital image collection. I try to spend a little time each week looking at old collections. Some I discover and note for further attention. Many I cull and I try to be ruthless about this. It is too easy to drown in images.

Playing around with motion blur like this is fun. Here, the figures have just enough detail for the viewer to feel that these are people that flashed past, momentarily intersecting with us. The two red blobs in the right hand window are effective in giving balance to the red door.

The black lines, top and bottom, help frame the window shapes. Maybe treat the top line as a horizon square it up?

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow