Weddings & Flash photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Stirling
James Stirling Senior Member • Posts: 5,101
Weddings & Flash photography

To any wedding guys using mirrorless for work how do you find it. I have done hundreds of weddings in the past as a side business with everything from MF film cameras to Nikon DSLR's . I have however not done one using mirrorless, I have Nikon Z7 , 24-70mm F/4 , 14-30mm F/4 and 50mm F/1.8 and the FTZ . I have a host of F mount gear including the holy trinity . My wedding workhorse was my D810 bodies { I just have one of them now}

I also still have not sold off my Sony stuff { A7rII/A7rIII}. I have a comprehensive Nikon flash kit including a couple of SB-5000's . The wedding is a one off { i will not be doing any more , I have not missed doing them one little bit } for my niece . It takes place in late October and is in the usual romantic type venue here in Scotland . For romantic read dark candle lit historic building/cave , so flash will be a necessity. I am curious what you would suggest, go with the tried and tested DSLR option using the Z7 for non-flash shooting or man up and go all mirrorless. My main concern is the flash situation when shooting mirrorless

-- hide signature --

Jim Stirling:
It is not reason which is the guide of life, but custom. David Hume

James Stirling's gear list:James Stirling's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon Z7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +8 more
Nikon D810 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow