Tamron Z lenses

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
mister_roboto Regular Member • Posts: 345
Re: Tamron Z lenses

Albert wrote:

I'm hoping Tamron moves their mirrorless lenses for Sony into the Nikon lineup. I shoot with a Nikon 28mm f1.8g and I also have a Nikkor 20mm f3.5 AIS for my wide angle. I'm looking at a Tamron 17-35mm F2.8~F4 for my D600; but the lens I really want for travel is the Tamron 17-28mm F2.8. But I hate the sony bodies and plus I have a dozen nikon lenses already. But I'd buy a Z6 tomorrow if this tamron lens was available for the Z system.

I do enjoy for the Nikon Z cameras; the fact that now it has the closest film/flange distance of any of the mirrorless; meaning lenses can adapt to it; but not the other way around. On the Fmount; it's the longest film/flange distance; so nothing adapts to it. There can be a time; (1mm is short though) but having a Canon RF lens on a Z body...

I think Tamron is trying to finish firmware updates for their F mounts, and then will probably tackle the FE's to be Z mounts.  Between Tamron + Sigma, Tamron seems to have more difficulty in getting the protocols right for Z mount.  I absolutely would buy the 17-28mm f2.8 + 28-75mm f2.8, I'm really excited to see where they go next with their mirrorless offerings, but won't hold my breath as they tend to be pretty slow with releases for new mounts, even with FE which is totally open.  I'd assume they'd also have a Z mount TAP console as well.

mister_roboto's gear list:mister_roboto's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Nikon Z6 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow