Travel, DSLR, Mirrorless, Weight and Cost = Conundrum.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
perrrob
perrrob Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: I think your weights are wrong

michaeladawson wrote:

Just read your post now. I posted the exact same thing further down The OP must be considering bringing 4 or 5 extra batteries, which I think is unnecessary.

Having read a few of the other posts however, I agree with some other thoughts as well. After years of traveling and hauling camera gear I stopped and thought about what I came home with. I rarely changed lenses. It was too much of a pain in the rear, especially traveling with a companion who gets tired of stopping and waiting.

I would bring wide, normal, and tele zooms. I would get home and find that 90% of my shots were taken at 24mm or longer and often times the tele zoom never came out of the bag. I often travel now with only the 24-120. Sometimes I pack a wide angle zoom or wide prime for the trip but it often stays in the hotel room when I go out for the day.

So lightening the travel kit doesn't necessarily mean switching to mirrorless.

^ This

perrrob's gear list:perrrob's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow