Routinely sync catalog between Capture One & Lightroom?

Started Sep 13, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
D200_4me
D200_4me Veteran Member • Posts: 4,790
Routinely sync catalog between Capture One & Lightroom?

I have been a Lightroom user since version 1 and I have no plans to change.  However, I know Capture One handles the x-trans raw files better than Adobe so I was considering installing the free version and using it ow and then for the Fuji files IF I want better detail.  I just don't want to install it and take up a ton of space on my disk if the catalog will be really big on the Capture One software side too.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could import the Lightroom catalog to Capture One (yes I can according to the web site) BUT also sync the photos that are in my main photos folder (where I keep my photos on the drive) in Capture One once in awhile I'm not using it all the time.  So, mostly use Lightroom but if I see some Fuji photos I want to get better detail out of and I already imported them into Lightroom, I'd like to open Capture One and somehow sync the folder where my photos are with Capture One (but only if that catalog on Capture One isn't going to be several gig of disk space.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z fc Fujifilm X-H2 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow