Low light lens for M10 MkIII?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
malcolmbebb Forum Member • Posts: 97
Low light lens for M10 MkIII?

Hi,

I'm looking for a wide angle low light lens for an m10, not looking to spend serious money - a few hundred UKP tops.

I was recommended the Samyang 14mm for my DSLR (but I'm taking the M10 now), I'm guessing the Samyang 12mm F2 NCS would be the equivalent. The Panasonic 15mm F1.7 looks good, slightly more but autofocus, and getting a bit longer the Olympus 25mm 1:1.8 - maybe a bit longer than I want. Anything below F1.7/1.8 is likely to blow my budget.

Uses (hobby, not pro) are some night sky, in particular Northern Lights (with luck!) and general evening skies, a little bit of astro, general holiday use in Norway in November (expecting not a lot of light), and after that maybe photographing folk dancers in the UK in autumn evenings or by street lighting. No flash. And mostly stills for on-line use.

Lightweight is good, maybe not a big issue with m43, but I will have the kit zoom lenses with me as well.

Any thoughts welcome - is there a clear favourite or just individual preference? Or any other candidates, of course.

Thanks

Malcolm

-- hide signature --

Started mid 2019, still on the learning curve - a long way down.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow