Some Minor Annoyances Regarding the X-T2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
charley5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,611
Some Minor Annoyances Regarding the X-T2

Firstly, I want to say how much I love this camera. After dealing with the Sigma (foveon) cameras for around 10 years that had great IQ but were mechanically challenged, the XT2 was a revelation. It took my imaging to another level.

But there have been 3 niggling issues, likely related to my ignorance about the mechanics and use of this camera.

Issue 1: The fn2 button is poorly placed. Because I grip the camera at that spot it keeps changing the burst setting from 3 to 8. I am sure I can change the function for something more innocuous to happen but it is annoying.

Issue 2: The manual focus assist, which I use extensively for my macro imaging (Focus Peak Highlight-White) keeps re-setting back to standard when i turn the camera off and on. That is a real pain. Is there any way to lock this setting or prevent this change from happening?

Issue 3: Sometimes when I turn the camera on I see nothing on the viewfinder and I have to depress the shutter button half way a couple of times for the camera to become responsive. Is there something wrong with my camera?

If anyone can offer suggestions regarding any of these points I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Charles

charley5's gear list:charley5's gear list
Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow