questions for those with the Tamron 90mm F017

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
bokemon Regular Member • Posts: 154
questions for those with the Tamron 90mm F017

Hello folks,

Once Tamron gets their latest firmware out, I  would like to use this on my Nikon Z6 and FTZ adapter.  I hope to use it for multi purpose: hand held macro (mostly flowers and probably not bugs) and astro if possible.  A few questions are:

1) This lens claims to do x/y stabilization, I guess in addition to the two tilting directions.  The x/y stabilization is more important at close distances than far.  Have you found this feature more useful during hand-held macro than other lenses with image stabilization?

2) Does this lens work well when using AF-C mode?  This is to compensate for some slight swaying back and forth I may accidentally do with hand-held macro.

3) since the focus bracketing feature on my camera is broke, has anybody done a manual focus bracket, i.e. hold down the shutter button to take a few pics per second, and manually rotate the focus ring?  Or with this lens, is it better to just manually move the camera forwards?

4) Regarding trying to use it for astro - how is the coma in the corners?

5) I read some other forum post that the focus ring is too sensitive at infinity distance and it is hard to get stars in focus.  But I am not sure if that is for the current version, or an earlier version.  So how easy is it to manually focus at infinity?

Thanks

bokemon's gear list:bokemon's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic G85 Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +11 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow