**MC 604 High Contrast: WINNERS**

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Iron Mike
Iron Mike Regular Member • Posts: 341
**MC 604 High Contrast: WINNERS**

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay, I was busy with work. Here are my picks for the top images in this mini challenge. There were several great images this week (thanks to everyone who took the time to participate) and these 4 were my favourites:

#4: Stan in NH: Moon

You have captured the contrast of a bright sunlit object and the dark of night in one shot. The way the light sculpts the craters at the transition is captivating.

#3: rjgjr: Light on the mountains

The contrast of both the light/shade, as well as the colour contrast of warm/cool blue make for a beautiful image.

#2 & #1 It was a tossup for the winner of this challenge, but both images were submitted by the same photographer, so JACS wins either way:

I love the way the contrasty light defines the individual cliffs and creates such a mysterious and dramatic landscape

This is just a great portrait of a musician doing what he does best. The subject isolation with the black background, the way the details pop, and especially the red rim light create a wonderful effect. Well captured!

Congrats JACS, you are this weeks winner!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow