* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #594 on 2019 09 11 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,255
Re: Requisite Trip to Familia Sagrada - Photo Story

minniev wrote:

I understood before going to Barcelona that Familia Sagrada was required viewing, so we got advance tickets to avoid the long hot lines and hailed an early taxi to be in the first groups to enter. Still, it was a daunting experience - a massive, convoluted and not yet complete after 100 years structure filled to the brim with tourists. The size of the thing makes it hard enough to photograph, and the crowds complete the challenge.

I tried to think of something I could do that might be different, and all I could come up with was to photograph at slightly off center angles to create visually the sense of imbalance and chaos I felt in this thing. So the visual worrisome-ness is purposeful. Of course I'm not sure any of that works. But anyway.

As you say Minniev, possibilities everywhere but hard to get an original angle. The colours and shapes are irresistible however. It is yet another place where the crowds utterly destroy the atmosphere that the architect and builders worked so hard to create.

All of which is why I like your last shot.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow