8 Bit or 16 bit , sRGB or Pro Photo

Started Sep 11, 2019 | Discussions thread
elliotn Senior Member • Posts: 2,259
Re: The difference is ...

Ken60 wrote:

NAwlins Contrarian wrote:

The visible difference there is caused by ProPhoto RGB versus sRGB. Even the with Bill's Balls test image that you used,* I'd bet that $100 that to our eyes the differences between 16-bit and 8-bit files will not show,

OK this is great if you had the decency, you should have watched the video I linked.

The DigitalDog himself runs the test on his printer , made by Epson, using 16 bit in both, and the results are similar- nay the same ! So then if you read his article my first posting he states. " if you are going to have a bigger space, you might as well put finer data into it !" After all many of his findings and mine indicate that as the visual increase in decipherable tones within the space offer more delineation.

Frankly the rest of the bilge you spout is in mitigation that presented with an image, on both Canon and Epson , there is a point in offering greater gamut and depth of bit data.

As I said before IF you care to argue, do it with print as I have , after images talk for themselves. So the next move by you is to download the test image and print it .

Despite all your claims and knowledge I am yet to see a print from you to back anything up.

It is very nearly impossible to make a pair of prints that demonstrates the superiority of a 16-bit print pipeline. And it is totally impossible if you are not printing synthetic gradients.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow