Watches, pens, wallets, check books and cameras

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Humansvillian
OP Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,968
Re: Watches, pens, wallets, check books and cameras

stateit wrote:

Humansvillian wrote:

...They don’t even carry pens, wallets, or check books...

Cheques? People still use them?

Out of over 500 jobs over the past five years I've been paid by cheque three times. Cash maybe thirty or so times, bank transfers all others.

Get with it, HV

I keep an account in the Humansville Bank that's much older than I am, perhaps even older than my father.

Every time I'd wreck a car, or get into some scrape or another, my dear old widowed mother would pull out that farm account check book, and rescue me from the fix I'd gotten myself into buy buying me another car.  I stopped wrecking them after three.

I can tell you, if I'd care to, what my tuition was at college, from those old check records.  What my insurance cost, and how much it cost for books and dormitory rent and meals.

I have a debit card for it now, but for all the things that really count, that will leave a record, I sit down and write out a check.

One of the many pleasures of Humansville Missouri, is that local cafes don't accept any plastic money, and only cash or local checks.

And on our farm, I get the pleasure of writing checks to pay for what labor and work I've hired done, sitting in buildings put up before I was ever born.

I'm sentimental, about using checks.

And carrying a nice pen, a good wallet, a watch that ticks, and a camera I can be proud to say is mine.

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow