X30 in Yorkshire garden

Started Aug 16, 2019 | Photos thread
tomhongkong Veteran Member • Posts: 4,047
Re: X30 in Yorkshire garden

Aldersyde wrote:

Hello Tom,

A mundane post has become interesting. These shots were taken on a day with very poor flat grey light. As such, from the start, the PP was a salvege operation. As it happens, these shots were PPd in a freshly downloaded version of Capture 1. I have not used this software previously, and this was my first try. I am not being critical of Capture 1, more suggesting my lack of skill using it. The shots were RAW and I agree the quality is poor for the X30. my purpose in posting was more to show the location than photographic quality!

Since reading your comments, I have revisited the originals and have shown the JPG of the flower shot PP d in DXOPL2 which is my prefered sofware, and a more recent shot of a Northumbrian garden which is a RAW file PP d in Photomatix Pro which is another favourite. ( DXO does not open Fiji RAW files).

I have never been disapointed in X10 or X30 sharness, but I shall check the output more carefully, and probably not persue my further use of Capture1.

Regards,

Aldersyde

Very interesting comments.  I have recently done a review of my cameras and concluded that the x30 hits the sweet spot in many ways (although obviously not for ultimate IQ) Wouldn't it be great if we all collaborated on how to get the most out of its images!  Any ideas?

tom

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow