Watches, pens, wallets, check books and cameras

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Humansvillian
OP Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,968
Life is sweetened by our vanities

Doxa750 wrote:

Not to me though I enjoy my mechanical watches including Omega, Doxa, Anonimo, Ball, Eterna, and a few boutique brands such as H2O.

Not really into pens and wallets either, but do enjoy nice spirit preferably Single malts and some Bourbon and Rye whiskey.

Photography is purely a hobby for me and is to capture my family memories.

Cheers

I’ve noticed that fine things don’t have to cost an unreasonable amount.

Jim Beam is $15 a fifth, and for $25 you get Jim Beam Black.

A good Seiko Five or Invitca watch is only about $100, with a wonderfully accurate Japanese made movement..

A Tissot with a Swiss movement is $350.

A nice Belgian made 12 gauge Browning Superposed is only about $1,500 in excellent condition, which is less than the current Citori.

A real Case pocketknife, or a Schatt and Morgan, is less than $100, and so are other fine pocketknives made in Solingen Germany.

$300 will buy a pristine Hamilton 992-B with stainless case, somebody bought and left in a drawer.

Kaywoodie Super and Flame grain pipes, and Lee three star pipes, can often be bought for $25.

And while a completely usable PL1 with kit lens is about $125, and a wonderful camera, my P5 with f1.8  17mm and VF-4 viewfinder was only $400 as new old stock, this summer.

Our vanities sweeten our lives.

And they don’t have to break us, buying them.

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow