I just turned down a new delivered A7R IV.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Lauring
Daniel Lauring Veteran Member • Posts: 9,343
Re: I just turned down a new delivered A7R IV.

Just Another Photog wrote:

I’ve only had my A7R iii for a little over a year. When you look at the studio shot and compare them I doubt most people standing at the correct distance could possibly see a difference

To me it isn't the megapixel difference.  It is the focus capability which will get a higher percentage of good shots vs. the A7 r3.

I can finally divorce myself from my Nikon D850.  I only keep that camera for action shots the A7 r3 can't keep up with...particularly wildlife.

Anybody else in the same boat? I could trade the camera and my 100-400GM and have the camera Friday. I have the 200-600 as well.

The 200-600 is the last piece of the puzzle for me to move the Nikon.  There hasn't been a Sony native lens that can compete in that focal range till now.  The A7 r4 coupled with that lens will be my new wildlife rig.  I'll sell my D850, Tamron 150-600 and A7 r3.  I also have half a dozen other Nikon lenses that will be sold.  I'll finally be down to a one camera system.  Yeeha!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow