X30 in Yorkshire garden

Started Aug 16, 2019 | Photos thread
OP Aldersyde Regular Member • Posts: 306
Re: X30 in Yorkshire garden

Hello Tom,

A mundane post has become interesting.  These shots were taken on a day with very poor flat grey light. As such, from the start, the PP was a salvege operation. As it happens, these shots were PPd in a freshly downloaded version of Capture 1.  I have not used this software previously, and this was my first try. I am not being critical of Capture 1, more suggesting my lack of skill using it. The shots were RAW and I agree the quality is poor for the X30. my purpose in posting was more to show the location than photographic quality!

Since reading your comments, I have revisited the originals and have shown the JPG of the flower shot PP d in DXOPL2 which is my prefered sofware, and a more recent shot of a Northumbrian garden which is a RAW file PP d in Photomatix Pro which is another favourite. ( DXO does not open Fiji RAW files).

I have never been disapointed in X10 or X30 sharness, but I shall check the output more carefully, and probably not persue my further use of Capture1.

Regards,

Aldersyde

Aldersyde's gear list:Aldersyde's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic LX100 II +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow