What's really important in photography...???

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
khunpapa
khunpapa Senior Member • Posts: 2,626
Re: The camera is an instrument

Lee Jay wrote:

A thing is only an "art" if the starting point is nothing (like all the real arts). In other words, for photography to be an "art" the photographer has to create the scene as well as photograph it. Photographing something in a creative or aesthetically pleasing way is not sufficient to call the result "art".

Exceptionally few photographs are "art". Most of the photography that photographers call "art" is created by photographers frustrated with their own lack of real artistic talent, such as that which composers, sculptors, painters, and so forth have to have to create something from nothing.

Hrmmmm. You are confusing not me and some DPRers, but the art students/teachers too.

I take your comment to the teachers. Some teachers in Visual Art department say they have teached for more than 30 years vut never know such absurd idea/school/dilemma.

####

Would you mind raise some examples of those real arts? Visual real arts would be best.

The difference between me and them is that I'm honest enough to admit that fact.

Sorry. But some of my works involve psychotic patient. They insist that what they hear/see/touch/feel is real. They know this fact, but me don't.

What is real? What is illusion? What is hallucination? What is day dream? What is self decieving?

To real or not to real, that's the question.

-- hide signature --

Flashes of my Memory.

khunpapa's gear list:khunpapa's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Sigma DP1 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
jbf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow