Photo quality when uploading to Social Platforms

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BelayonAK New Member • Posts: 1
Photo quality when uploading to Social Platforms

Hello, I am, for the most part a beginner photographer.  I personally enjoy night photography, Milky Way, Aurora, Etc.  I have an issue lately since I really don't know anything about the ins and outs of photoshop but when I work with a  photo in photoshop and edit it to the specifics I think look good.  I have a couple questions about this.

1. When I work with a photo in photoshop, it is in RAW format and I don't know what the easiest way after processing that photo is to save it and upload it to a photo site, as when I save a processed photo from photoshop it does not show up as a file when I go to browse and upload a photo.  How do I save these photos to make them easier to upload, post-processing?  I find it easier to save and edit from Lightroom rather than Photoshop itself.  Is there something I am obviously missing?

2.  When I go to upload a processed photo that I have saved from lightroom, and I go to upload it to a social site such as Flickr, I loose an incredible amount of detail and light in certain parts of the image.  What do I need to do in my editing or saving or uploading process to ensure that I am not losing any of the quality that I see in photoshop versus the quality that shows when I get ready to upload?

Thank you for any help anyone is able to give me.

Charlie

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow