Carrying additional lenses?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Senior Member • Posts: 2,058
Carrying additional lenses?

I'm going to a vintage car show in a few days time. There's a lot to see and do and as a result on day 1 I will be taking four lenses and two camera bodies with me. On the second day I will be replacing my primes with the 12-60mm 2.8-4 and leave my GX80 at home. This leave me to carry less and room in my bag for possible additional lenses like two primes or the 100-400. Since I will be on track side most of day 2, the 50-200mm 2.8-4 will meet my needs 95% of the time and therefor isn't worth carrying the additional weight of the 100-400. So I meet pack my binoculars instead.

So this leave me with a question to fellow photographer. Since M43 lenses are smaller and often their bodies too. Do you take advantage of just carrying less or use the available bag space for additional lenses? A privilege Full Framers can't do without resorting to a backpack.

It would be interesting to hear from others who take advantage of M43 size by carrying less and others carrying additional gear with the available space in their bags or coat pockets.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SGA
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow