Olympus zoom lenses quality - Check Lens Status error!!!

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Agius FOTO
Agius FOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,498
Olympus zoom lenses quality - Check Lens Status error!!!

So, I have to start saying that I've got a bit of a love hate relationship with my camera. I'm finding the need to take more and more videos, but my PEN F really sucks at it, as it does with action shooting although I've done alright on that front. I'll probably have a different thread for that topic though.

My favourite lens is the 9-18. Small and acceptable sharpness makes it a great match for the PEN F and thoroughly enjoyed using it in Europe last year.

Now however, whenever I zoom past 9mm, once I try to snap the photo, I get a "Check Lens Status" error. The electronic contacts are clean, but from what I gathered online is apparently the problem is caused by the failure of a flexible ribbon cable.

This seems to be an issue with Olympus lenses as a search on the web seems to uncover this has happened to multiple different zooms.

While I did buy the lens used 1.5 yrs ago, its been very well taken care of and was in pristine condition when I bought it.  Any thoughts on if there is a DYI fix for this?   If not and I'm looking at a repair now, any idea on what it would cost to fix?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

My flickr account.....in its infancy as of March 2015. Feel free to comment!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130003647@N03/

Agius FOTO's gear list:Agius FOTO's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow