Refurb 80d w/lenses or new 90d body

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Kevin Omura
Kevin Omura Senior Member • Posts: 2,305
Perhaps

Free8888 wrote:

I’m looking to upgrade from my T2i, as I’m planning to go on a safari in the next 1-2 years, and want some time to work with the new camera ahead of that. I also have the 18-55 and 55-250 lenses (non STM). I’ve listed the T2i and lenses on Craigslist, and the offers aren’t much over $200

My question is whether I’d be better off going for the 80d refurb with the 2 lenses, or wait for the 90d to drop down to the $900-950 range and use the existing lenses nd keep the T2i as a backup. I’m assuming both cameras might see some additional discounting around Black Friday (probably need to wait longer for the 90d to drop).

B&H is $1199 on pre-order so it's possible that it might get discounted but Black Friday might be a bit optimistic. Who knows though, DSLR sales are pretty sluggish and if the launch is a tepid we could see a drop in price. $999 might even be possible, though I might be more inclined to see some type of drop around Boxing Week.

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +64 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow