Values Of Used Camera Equipment Is Plummeting

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fstopx2 Contributing Member • Posts: 875
Values Of Used Camera Equipment Is Plummeting

I just finished unloading all my EOS M equipment (M1, 3, 5 + all the lenses). Now I am in the process of unload my Canon DSLR stuff - both EF and EFS. I just have to much camera stuff in general so am consolidating down to just one system and my smartphone.

My observations are just that - there appears to be a tremendous amount of equipment of all kinds for sale which is slamming values. Even the better Canon stuff the value is being crushed.

Since I never paid full retail for anything (I usually buy used or when there are fire sales - here is looking at you EOS M), I didn't get slammed too bad. But if I had paid the full load I would be crying in my beer. I got my use out of it so I am happy.

If you are buying now is the time to do it. Lenses that sold for $1000 you can easily pick up for $250.

PS. Just as a side note - EOS M has very poor residual value compared to EF/EFS. An example you can buy the EFM 18-55 for as little as $70 when it originally sold for like $300.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow