How do you like your TZ200 / ZS200?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Renatab New Member • Posts: 16
How do you like your TZ200 / ZS200?

I bought the TZ200 a few weeks ago because of the large zoom. I was very disappointed at the soft colours. When I set the photo style on Vivid, it was better, but the colours were still by far not as bright as my Canon G7X. Especially when zooming in. Luckily I could return it.

Now I am reading lot of different stories about the TZ200. A lot of people (especially reviewers) love it, some are disappointed and some think it is great after adjusting the settings (mostly to NR to -5, contrast and sharpness to +2). So now I am thinking about buying it again.

Do you own a TZ200 and what are your experiences? Did you adjust the settings (if yes, how) and how did it work out?

I understand I can't get the same quality as the G7x but I am willing to accept a bit less (but not way less).

Why I sold my Canon G7X? I used it on a safari in Namibia and was very disappointed at the zoom range. That's why I want more zoom. I understand the 360 mm is not enough for some people on safari but because I want a small, light weight camera (that I will also use on other days and vacations) I am willing to compromise. And the 15x zoom of the TZ200 is alreahy way better than the 4x zoom on the G7X, I think.

I also read all the TZ200's don't have the same lens quality, so I guess you also have to be a bit lucky.

Thanks for your replies!

Canon PowerShot G7 X Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow