Help! What's with the grid on my photo?

Started 6 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,063
Help! What's with the grid on my photo?

I just output this photo from Photoshop and it's got this district grid on it... and I can't figure out where that might have come from. The photo was originally edited from RAW in the program LightZone and then imported into Photoshop as a 16 bit TIFF in order to get the benefit of some of the tools in Photoshop. Incidentally, I made a JPEG straight out of LightZone that doesn't have this issue at all.

I should probably clarify and say that the grid pattern actually showed up in the TIFF that I exported from LighZone, it's just that it became much more distinct once I made some adjustments in Photoshop so Photoshop doesn't seem to have anything to do with the issue; the TIFF export in LightZone then must be the culprit. I'm using the Photoshoped version really only to make the issue more obvious (it's more visible in this version where contrast in the sky has been increased).

I've tried exporting the image from LightZone with the LZW compression both checked and unchecked and it doesn't seem to make a difference, both have the grid present...

Any ideas what might be causing this and what I might do to fix it?

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow