Turned dry leaves into something interesting.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DannyH Contributing Member • Posts: 603
Turned dry leaves into something interesting.

I was at a plant show and saw some interesting dry leaves. I liked the pattern and texture and when I got home figured a couple of shots using it. I put in the starting shot and how I turned it on it's side to figure something out so you get an idea of what the background is.

This is the original shot.

This is the direction that I ended up with.

I liked the ends of the leaves and thought they looked like teeth, so shot a fox skull I had around to give a counter point. The black and white seemed to work with it. Sort of eerie  and cool.

The second one I did was one I've been working on for a year, I just couldn't find the right material to make a good wave. After doing the first image with the skull, I kept looking at the leaves and thought I could make those work for waves. I have a 12" model boat and used that for the craft. I wanted a stormy look, so took down the main sail. I put the camera on a tripod on my table and used the I-phone remote to shoot myself on the floor for the guy. I put my arms in the position I thought might work. I first colored the background blue and did a major curves adjustment in Photoshop to make it look like stormy waves. I them put the boat and me in. I places the boat so it looked like it was coming up through a wave and colored some of the boat blue where water would be. Turned out how I wanted.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow