Camera Gear Question for Trip to Munich, Venice & Croatia - Nikon D800E w/Trinity or Sony DSC-RX1r

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Digitalcaveman
Digitalcaveman Regular Member • Posts: 118
Camera Gear Question for Trip to Munich, Venice & Croatia - Nikon D800E w/Trinity or Sony DSC-RX1r

Hello,

I am having trouble trying to decide what to bring on our 2 week trip to Munich, Venice and Croatia this coming week.  I have a 36MP Nikon D800E with an assortment of prime and superwide lenses.  You can see what I have in my profile.  However, the setup is extremely bulky and heavy.  On the other hand I also have a Sony 24MP RX1r 35mm prime fixed lens camera that is extremely portable and does take fantastic shots.  I have a high performance 256GB San Disk card that is more than enough for use for storing photos and my Razer Blade 2019 laptop with 2TB of storage.

My question is if I go portable and just take the Sony would this be enough or would there be any insane benefit of bringing the Nikon and a few lenses?

We will be walking, biking and taking a cruise toward the end of the trip.  I know the Nikon and my lenses are fantastic quality but so is the Sony but never took the Sony on a major trip like this and wanted to get some of your feedback and views on what you all would do.  We primarily share photos through Apple and I archive original RAW files on my Synology NAS.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best,

Tom

Digitalcaveman's gear list:Digitalcaveman's gear list
Sony RX1R Nikon D200 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800E Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow