Panasonic LX100 II vs Olympus O-MD E-M1 MK2

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
PentaxNick Senior Member • Posts: 1,614
Re: Panasonic LX100 II vs Olympus O-MD E-M1 MK2

Danny O wrote:

Hello everybody

I know that Olympus is a real pro camera with great usability and robustness, and I know the benefit of interchanging lenses.

But regarding only IQ and ISO performance, do you think there are great differences between an LX100M2 Camera and Em1-2 with 20-70 pro (aside the little more resolution) ?

The ISO performance should be very similar as the pixel size is the same. The ability to enlarge will be slightly reduced as the LX100ii doesn’t use the full sensor, being 17mp rather than 20mp. The multi-aspect ratio option may reduce this difference if you tend to crop your images.

The main differences will come from the glass and handling. The Olympus Pro lenses will beat the lens of the LX100ii in both quality and speed of operation. The LX10ii is fairly slow to zoom, being zoom by wire. I don’t recognise any 20-70mm lens though.

The EM-1Mk2 will operate much faster, has a better viewfinder, and will have better IBIS, especially if coupled with the 12-100mm Pro lens, which could help greatly in low light photography, depending on subject. The combination is weather sealed too.

I was looking at the LX100ii recently before a trip to Norway, mainly to save weight and bulk. In the end I was glad I took the EM1Mk2 as it got very wet a few times.

-- hide signature --

Nick

PentaxNick's gear list:PentaxNick's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X100T Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X100F +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow