Tony Northrup - The TRUTH: Hi Megapixels + BIG Prints are a WASTE?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
janez Regular Member • Posts: 441
Re: Tony Northrup - The TRUTH: Hi Megapixels + BIG Prints are a WASTE?

Carlo UK wrote:

janez wrote:

Carlo UK wrote:

ZachAP wrote:

Carlo UK wrote:

Lots of reasons why high megapixels are better. Cant understand why people keep trying to fool people into thinking anything else. Perhaps they are trying to fool themselves. Cropping is one good example. Especially if yo like to drop for a panoramic view. After having the A7R series I could never go back to a 24mpx sensor.

Which makes the label of "flagship" for the a9 peculiar to me since the upcoming a9ii will likely have a 36mp sensor. The a9 should be referred to as a sports photography camera. Maybe someone can explain how an a9ii's 36mp is actually much better than an a7r4's 60mp.

Its marketing. Each camera is specific to a style of photography. I think the A7R series is for static images ie Landscape and Portrait.

To take images od static objects at 10 fps?

I think you are missing the point. The different iterations of the A7 cameras are targeted as specific areas of photography. Not by the best to worst. Yes the A7R has reasonable fps, iso performance, focusing etc.

I would classify A7R4 as one of the most versatile cameras. It does not have highest mp, highest fps or best iso and video but possibly the best combination of all those parameters if you want one camera for all. I think MF cameras are best for static scenes but not that good for everything else.

janez's gear list:janez's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon Extender EF 2x II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow