Panasonic LX100 II vs Olympus O-MD E-M1 MK2

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
Po Sen Tsui Regular Member • Posts: 195
Re: Panasonic LX100 II vs Olympus O-MD E-M1 MK2

Danny O wrote:

Hello everybody

I know that Olympus is a real pro camera with great usability and robustness, and I know the benefit of interchanging lenses.

But regarding only IQ and ISO performance, do you think there are great differences between an LX100M2 Camera and Em1-2 with 20-70 pro (aside the little more resolution) ?

The strange thing about the LX100 camera is that it has a 43 sensor in it but will not use the entire sensor to make an image, therefore, technically, it has a smaller sensor size and will be weaker in high ISO performance compare to a regular M43 camera. That being said, is the difference huge? It depends on one's acceptance of noise in images.

However, if you only need good still IQ and don't need the advance features in the EM1 MK2, with the price point of the LX100 MK2, I will strongly advice you to get the EM10 MK3 or even wait for the EM5 MK3 instead. Both of them are relatively compact in size and will utilize the full 43 sensor, plus the flexibility of an ILC system. If size really does matter, I personally will pick the EPL9 over the LX100 MK2, it is much cheaper and should still provide better results.

-- hide signature --

Not an expert, not a pro, I just shoot for fun

Po Sen Tsui's gear list:Po Sen Tsui's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II Venus Laowa 7.5mm F2 MFT
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow