Tip toeing into MF

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Innocentius Contributing Member • Posts: 607
Tip toeing into MF

Prices here in Sweden are plummeting regarding Phase One 645DF (with P40 back and lenses), or Hasseblad H4D - 40MP kits.

My Canon 1Ds mk III is virtually indestructable, served me well and earned it's money. I will keep it for sports and weddings and all. But for the studio I would like to step up to MF... just because. I am aware that the detailed information on MF pictures take more postprocessing.

I regard myself as a semi-pro, working 60% as a clerk and earning 40% of my living with photography. The latter has switched from taking pictures to organise fotosafari's and show others nice places and/or learn them a thing or two while shooting. Occassionaly I print big at high quality material to sell at a gallery. I don't do shutterstock or other zillionpicture-sell sites, I almost quit commissioned shootings due to the safari's bringing enough money in the bank.

I just want to dive in MF, studio, lightning (which I probably will have to upgrade to generate enough light) portrait and minimalistic shooting. Maybe some landscape.

I tend to get a H4D or H5D with 40mp back, or should there be a reason to go for the Phase One 645-gear? Both are around 3000/4000 euros,

TIA!

Innocentius's gear list:Innocentius's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 6010 Sigma DP1x Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sigma DP3 Merrill +9 more
Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow