Seeking recommendation for travel camera

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
A Marcus Junior Member • Posts: 49
Re: Seeking recommendation for travel camera

The ideal travel camera is a point-and-shoot with a zoom lens. Most all high-end models have several modes. They all do a great job. Some have GPS. This is a great feature. Image files have imbedded data telling you the location and nearby landmarks. I think this is a must for a travel camera. Additionally, the point and shoot should have image stabilization. If only they took AA batteries, but alas, none work that way.

For me, the Panasonic DMC ZS-40 is ideal. Has it all except AA batteries. I carry it with a soft case and two extra batteries. I charge all three at night. You can get an external charger.

Sorry the DMC-40 is discontinued. If mine failed, I would look for an exact replacement, used, or better, a reconditioned one. This model has been upgraded DMC-50 - DMC-60 but all the newer ones lack GPS.

I think GPS is important for a travel camera. Look for this and when you buy. Get extra batteries and external charger.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow