Questions for a new fuji ex nikon guy.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Todd Jones
Todd Jones Senior Member • Posts: 1,469
Re: Questions for a new fuji ex nikon guy.

Len-O wrote:

633 squadron wrote:

Hi fellow Fuji users, my Fuji xt2 and 18-55mm will be arriving on Monday. With the battery grip do you have to have two batteries in it for boost mode to work? Whzt post processing are people using ? I already have ps and Lr but have read some things about putting through software first to get the best detail? I'm thinking of maybe quitting the Adobe programs and am wondering what people are using.

The X-T2 requires a fully powered battery grip with both batteries for boost mode to work. So you are going to need to buy a few extra batteries, you should have a few spares on hand anyway.

I'm not so sure about that. I could be wrong but I believe you get boost mode just not the frames per second with a single battery. My X-T2 screen says boost with 1 battery, no grip.

The X-T3 will run in boost mode without a battery grip.

When you say that you have PS and LR, do you have older stand-alone editions, or are you and active Adobe CC Photography Plan subscriber?

If you have an existing LR/PS workflow and care to continue to use it, then consider adding Iridient X-Transformer to your LR workflow to do your initial Fujifilm RAW file processing.

Otherwise most will advise using one of the Capture One Pro 12 editions. They have a free Capture One Express for Fujifilm which does a decent job for you to try.

Then there is other software which does a good job, some of which also installs as Adobe plugins. Take a look at Exposure X4, On1 Photo RAW, Luminar, or Affinity Photo. Much will depend on what you want to get out of your post processing.

-- hide signature --

Todd
I'm His, John 6:44

Todd Jones's gear list:Todd Jones's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow