lightroom editing

Started Sep 7, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JS photo
JS photo New Member • Posts: 23
lightroom editing

Hello,

I've been a long time reader of this forum for guidance but this is my first time posting.

I've been shooting for quite a while and have basically only shot on two D750's with mainly a 35mm & 50mm sigma ART and a Nikon 70-200vrii for the past 4 years.

After shooting quite a few weddings and engagement shoots in my first two years I found myself really understanding everything (so I thought) about the image I wanted to create and knew exactly how to achieve the look I was going for. After making countless presets I decided on one that I would use for all weddings for consistency.

I recently upgraded to a D850 and was initially very excited about it but I've found that I really dislike the colouring with the preset I used for my Nikon D750. I find it's too red and doesn't give that "pop" that my D750 gave me. I'm fairly sure I'm doing everything the same while I'm shooting, I just can't figure out how to give my images the same look. It's almost as if the D850 photos look dirtier or have less of a clean true to colour look to them.

Im always shooting in RAW and editing in Lightroom. I was wondering if I'm having issues because of the big jump in megapixels? I always shoot with the largest image size possible.

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it. It doesn't sound like a big issue but it's really consuming me and taking away from my work.

Cheers,

J

JS photo's gear list:JS photo's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +2 more
Nikon D750 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow